Saturday, July 3, 2010

Better, Faster, Stronger

After braving the whirlwind of PSU's spring term, your intrepid Robot Collector is back with good news. Daddy's got a brand new machine, and it's slick, pretty, and excellent. The ASUS EEE PC T101MT, one of the latest and greatest netbooks from their EEE PC line. I haven't gotten around to actually snapping any photos, but I assure you she's a beaut. With a 10.1 inch screen that flips over the keyboard to become a multitouch-capable tablet complete with a sweet, telescoping the stylus, it's hard not to love it.

I've named the machine SOLARIS, which stands for Spec Ops Logistical Army Recon Information Systems. I like to assign acronyms to my computers like that. For instance, my desktop is called OCEAN: Operational Covert Entry Attack Network. It's a fun little quirk of mine. Anyway, I wanted to bring you all up to speed on things.

Pics to arrive soon, though they'll probably be stock pics. Also, I'm going to upload my report on Akihabara as soon as it's all fixed up. One thing I forgot to mention was my amazing trip to Japan. This is mainly due to school at the time, and all the excitement of packing, planning, and actually being there. I didn't have much down time to actually report, and many of the readers (you know who you are) already knew that I was over there. I did, however, write up a post on Akihabara that I sent over to an interesting little anime site called Anime Secrets, which I am a reporter for. Check them out at anime-secrets.net, if you're into that kind of thing.

1 comment:

paul piff said...

post pics, con!! i'm over here waiting on tenterhooks to see what's up with SOLARIS. could you also please post your review of Akihabara on your blog for all of us to read?